Festivals celebrated in India

Marvelous Festivals in India

Namaste! Hello readers. Welcome back to my blog!!! Thank you for spending time in reading my blogs and commenting on my blog. I know we all have busy lives. In this pandemic it is very hard to communicate or celebrate with our friends. One thing which I like the most is Festivals as in this pandemic situation we are together, celebrating. The technology helped me to celebrate festivals in this situation. I do video calls to my grandparents, cousins and friends during various festivals which makes me feel that I' m there with my family and friends.
You know there are many festivals in India. Today is Ganesh Chaturthi. Ganesh Chaturthi can be for 3 days or 5 or 10 days too. Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to my blog viewers. There are so many festivals but I would like to share 4 festivals.
Famous festivals celebrated in India-

1. Raksha Bandhan: It is a festival that is celebrated all over India. It is celebrated by Hindus. This is the festival of brother- sister. Girls tie rakhi( a band that is tied to brothers) to their brothers wishing that they should be good and well-behaved. The brother in return promise to protect his sister throughout his life.

2.Krishna Jayanthi: This is the day when lord Krishna(the 9th incarnation of Lord Vishnu), took birth in a prison of King Kans, his uncle. Lord Krishna then killed his uncle as he was evil. The incarnations of lord Vishnu comes to destroy the evil and make the world live in peace.

Unusual festivals celebrated in India-

1. Lathmar Holi: It is a type of holi that is celebrated in Uttar Pradesh. This is a different holi that you could never imagine. This is celebrated in Barsana and Nandgaon near Mathura. Women beat men by sticks. Why do they beat? What is the story behind it? Once Lord Krishna went to Barsana, where Radha lives. There in a playful manner he teased Radha and her friends. The girls got offended and chased Krishna by beating him with sticks. Every year the men of Nandgaon visit Barsana to be welcomed by sticks. They have a shield to protect themselves. Whoever fail to protect themselves would wear the women's dress and dance in front of everyone.
 
2. Kila Raipur Rural Olympics:  This is a festival held in Punjab. This is a very interesting. To do this you need to have guts.You just heard right. I am gonna say desi Olympic. That means this Olympic is played by the Punjabi people. You know Punjab is strong and a my favourite state. They have guts to do things which is known as impossible. Okay, let me say you directly, this festival games are 
  • Bull racing( which was banned on 2014 as the government thought that this game could harm human as well as the animal)
  • Tug of war(which is my favourite game)
  • Kite flying 
  • Martial arts
  • Kabaddi ( It is played by men and women too).
  • Hide and seek( which is played by everyone) etc.
The most toughest game is with a tractor. Some men should pull the the tractor by its ears!!  Some men should lay down and the tractor would be moved over their body. Oh my god my back is aching while I researched about this....
So that's it. I'm very happy to share the great and difficult festivals that is celebrated in India. I know that always being in gadget is bad for us. So, I'm gonna write my blog once in a month so you could have a leisure time and enjoying the nature. I hope you're okay with that. Dhanyavad!! Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to all of you.
BTW: Next blog I'll conduct Q/A. Whatever thoughts or questions you have in your mind burst it out. The other blog viewers could also answer your questions. It could be questions about friends or about your studies or anything else. If I feel the question should be discussed with everyone I would write on my next blog. I too would like to ask some questions.

 Yours blogmate,
Aarshia


Comments

  1. Wow!!! It was amazing....... I was knowing about some festivals but some were very new to me and thanks for sharing those festivals which i have never heard.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii... Awesome blog aarshia.. Keep it up - nandita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a lot Nandita. Please do subscribe my blog if you like it.

      Delete
  3. Woww Aarshia it was an amazing post... came to know about new festivals !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Aarshia.....I'm very proud of you. Keep it up💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much knowledge about the festivals of India. I'm so proud of you💞 I think you have a very good habit of studying about the various festivals of India.❤️ I wish you succeed in life 💓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Means a lot to me.... Subscribe and share my blog.

      Delete
  6. It is amazing it is nice to read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from Punjab! And, you know, it was really fun! It surfaced my memories about lathmar holi... keep going! Aarshia, if I may give suggest some stuff, you should make your followers public, so that it's easier to follow your blog. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion and also great to know you are from Punjab because that is my favourite state.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I read that! Keep going! You'll do great!

      Delete
  8. Waiting for your next post~
    At least hint what it's about??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I forgot to mention...You are a wonderful poet:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BIENVENIDAS